FUNDRAISING WHILE IN LOCKDOWN?
STUCK FOR IDEAS?
WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!
There are still so many ways to take part in Do It In A Dress this year, so we've pulled together some of our favourite fundraising ideas below to give you some inspo. Don't forget to tag us on socials @onegirlorg so we can see what you get up to while fundraising!
GET ACTIVE IN A DRESS!
While you might be restricted in what you can do due to a certain pandemic, you can still get out and get active to fundraise!
- Set yourself a running challenge! You could challenge yourself to run 2km a day, 5km a week for four weeks, or get some friends involved and collectively run the length of a marathon between the group!
- Challenge yourself to do 50 star jumps/sit ups/push ups a day, for a month!
- Are you sitting down a lot right now? Don't worry — us too! Why not challenge yourself to get a certain amount of steps in each day? Start at 5,000 and work your way up to 10,000 a day!
TOP TIP! You can connect your Strava app to your fundraising page, so your supporters can follow your running journey! Simply login to your fundraising page, click 'Edit My Page' then under 'Update Your Blog' click 'Add an Update' and connect your Strava map!
HOST A CLASS IN A DRESS!
Hosting a class is an easy but fun way of fundraising from the comfort of your own home. You could host this via an Instagram or Facebook Live stream, or use a zoom account (or any other virtual meeting application!). All you need is a skill to teach and some people to join in! Ask your friends/family/colleagues/sports team/class mates to attend your class and give a donation towards your fundraising in return.
Need some inspo?
- Yoga class
- Mindfulness and meditation class
- Dance class
- Painting class
- Photoshop skills class
- Cooking class
- ...the list goes on!
TOP TIP! If you host your class via Facebook Live, you can then share the video to your fundraising page for your other supporters to see! Simply login to your fundraising page, click 'Edit My Page' then under 'Update Your Blog' click 'Add an Update' and connect your Facebook Live video!
HOST A TRIVIA NIGHT IN A DRESS!
Who doesn't love trivia?! Get your friends together and host a fun trivia night for them. You can find so many trivia questions online to create your quiz, and don't forget to have a prize for the winning team! Why not make it a themed trivia night and give an extra prize for best dressed?!
Just ask your trivia contestants to give a donation to your fundraising for taking part in your event!
TOP TIP! Why not throw in some questions about Sierra Leone and Uganda where One Girl's programs run? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you a hand with some questions!
BAKE IN A DRESS!
Set yourself a baking challenge and share the outcome with your friends and family! You could:
- Bake something new each week for 4 weeks
- Bake something and deliver it to a neighbour or friend nearby with a kind note and a link to your fundraising page in case they wish to make a donation
TOP TIP! Make sure you take a photo for the 'gram and tag us @onegirlorg so we can see your delicious creations!